Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Kentucky Tour De Cure - Also Can Count As Horsey Volunteer Ride For The Challenge
Saturday, May 19, 2018, 8:30 AM
Keeneland Race Track
Lexington, KY 40510
This is also the date for the alternative rides for Horsey volunteers participating in the KY Cycling Challenges - volunteers can also use this ride to count for challenge miles. Anyone who wants to add on to the 62 mile for this event to get 100 miles for the challenge should contact Pam Thomas in advance.
This is an all-comer's ride. Jeff will have the BCC sign in sheets and is also serving as the captain of the BCC team for the ride. Please contact Jeff with any questions and check back here for details about where to find the sign in sheets on the day of the ride.
Many Roads. One Purpose.
Choose your distance and know that every mile helps make a difference. Whether you choose to ride your bike, run or walk all the roads we take lead to the same destination to fundraise for a cure. Members of your team do not have to sign up for the same activity so building a team is easy.
All the routes will be fully supported with bike mechanics, volunteer route marshals, rest stops with food and water, cheering volunteers and more.
Here's what to expect at the 2018 Kentucky Tour de Cure:
- Start and finish lines at Keeneland Race Course, located in the heart of the horse capital of the world!
- Take in the beauty of Kentucky’s bourbon trail along the 32 and 63 mile route including the distilleries of Castle & Key and Woodford Reserve!
- Rider Lounge stocked with food, beer and bourbon tastings!
- Recognition gifts for various fundraising levels and rider swag!
- Opportunity to take in the best Lexington has to offer from beer and bourbon tastings to horse farm tours!
- ...and more!
8:30am Opening Ceremonies
9am Walk/Run/Ride begins
32 mile route
63.1 mile route