Welcome to The Bluegrass Cycling Club
BCC Board of Director Nominees
- Every year, we have 4 board positions that come up for election. Every year we have great people who agree to run for the board.
- The nominating committee will be accepting nominees until Friday, December 9th.
- You can nominate someone or yourself. If nominating someone else, please confirm with nominee that they are willing to serve.
Some general information.
- Term is for 3 year
- BCC membership must be in good standing
- Please send nominee contact information to Tim Melton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be on the lookout for nominee biographies and voting instructions after Dec. 9th.
To view details about the events listed below, click on the event title and you will be redirected to the Rides and Events calendar
NOTE: RIDES AND EVENTS LISTED BELOW COULD BE CANCELLED OR CHANGED AND THOSE CHANGES WILL NOT BE REFLECTED BELOW. REFER TO THE BCC FACEBOOK PAGE OR USE THIS LINK FOR THE LATEST UPDATES - ONCE IN FORUMS CLICK ON "RIDE CHANGES" Forums
Tips About Riding With The Bluegrass Cycling Club
We are happy that so many new members have joined our club this year!! We encourage everyone to take a few minutes to review our ride guidelines, which can be accessed by clicking on the button below. It is very important for all riders to take the time to review ride descriptions, and to honestly assess whether you have the experience and fitness to successfully participate in the ride as described. Our goal is for everyone to be safe and have fun on our rides, and this works best when everyone attends rides that are suitable for them.
If you are unsure whether a ride is appropriate for you PLEASE give the ride leader a call before the ride and he or she will be happy to advise you. It is ALWAYS better to ask in advance!
If you are brand new to cycling, please take a bit of time to learn how your bike works - how your gears shift, how your brakes work, and how to stop and start before joining a group ride. We can help you develop group riding skills, and become a better and stronger rider, but you need to have a basic understanding of how your bike works first. If you need assistance in learning the basics about your bike, contact our Rides Committee chairperson Randy Thomas at email@example.com and he will help connect you with a club member who can help you!