To view details about the events listed below, click on the event title and you will be redirected to the Rides and Events calendar
NOTE: RIDES AND EVENTS LISTED BELOW COULD BE CANCELLED OR CHANGED AND THOSE CHANGES WILL NOT BE REFLECTED BELOW. REFER TO THE BCC FACEBOOK PAGE OR USE THIS LINK FOR THE LATEST UPDATES - ONCE IN FORUMS CLICK ON "RIDE CHANGES" Forums
The Bluegrass Cycling Club Store Now Open!!!
Hosted by Starlight Apparel
The Bluegrass Cycling Club is pleased to offer a wide range of BCC logo cycling apparel through Starlight Apparel. The store will be open from February 15 - February 28 and will open only one more time from May 15-May 30 under our current agreement with Starlight Apparel.
HOW IT WORKS
On-Line, Direct Ordering
(alternatively, you can use this link: http://www.starlightapparel.com/ click on “shop pre-sales” then click “Bluegrass Cycling Club”)
- View the available merchandise, select what you want, choose your size, and add the item to your cart. (NOTE: The “Shop for more items” button will take you back to the Starlight home page – simply click on “Shop pre-sales” then “Bluegrass Cycling Club” to get back to our store – your previously selected items will still be in your cart.)
- MEMBER DISCOUNT CODE – All BCC members in good standing may purchase any short sleeved basic jersey, sleeveless jersey, F1 (Pro) jersey, shorts, or bibs at a 20% discount off the advertised retail price!!! The discount code can be obtained by logging on to the BCC website – You MUST be logged on to see the discount code – it is only available on the “members only” portion of the site. ENTER THE DISCOUNT CODE AFTER YOU HAVE ALL ITEMS IN YOUR CART AND BEFORE YOU GO TO THE PAYMENT SCREEN!!!! If you have issues or problems logging on please contact Pam Thomas at email@example.com for assistance.
- After you have selected all of the items you want to purchase, and have entered your discount code,click “proceed to checkout” and complete the form there.
- Decide whether you want to have your items shipped directly to you (you pay shipping) or whether you want your items shipped to the BCC, with you making arrangements for pick up either from Pam Thomas, or at Crankworks Bike shop (shipping is free). NOTE: You will be required to enter your shipping address regardless of the shipping option you choose – If you want your items delivered to your home, please make sure you pay for shipping, otherwise your items will be bulk shipped and you will have to make arrangements to pick your items up. The code to obtain free bulk shipping is "BCCFREE"
- Pay Starlight Apparel for your purchases … and that’s it!!!
If you are uncomfortable ordering or paying on line
- If you want to order BCC merchandise but are uncomfortable ordering or paying on line, please contact Pam Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pam will make arrangements with you to get your payment and submit your order.
How do I know what size to order? – Advice about sizes
- Size Charts - Please check the Starlight size charts by clicking the “more info” button then clicking on the “FAQ’s” tab associated with the item you are interested in purchasing before you order. If you still have questions, please contact Starlight Apparel.
- If you have a 2013 Kentucky Century Challenge jersey or a 2013 Bluegrass Bike Partners jersey and you like the fit, order the same size – they are both from Starlight Apparel as well.
- NOTE: Starlight items run a bit smaller than many others, so you will likely need one size bigger than you are used to wearing.
- Bibs and Shorts - Starlight bibs and shorts are constructed from compression materials so in the appropriate size, they will feel and fit tighter than bibs and shorts constructed with lycra … If you have never had bibs or shorts made from compression fabric, this may feel odd to you at first.
Exchanges – If you order the wrong size, we will be able to make exchanges. Starlight Apparel will have some ability to make exchanges immediately out of existing stock. If they do not have your size in stock, an order will be placed along with the next store order, so worst case, you may have to wait a bit for the exchange item to arrive.
Bluegrass Cycling Club Leadership for 2015
The Bluegrass Cycling Club Board of Directors met on February 3rd and elected/appointed the following club members to leadership positions for 2015:
BCC Executive Committee Committee Chais
President - Randy Thomas Bluegrass Bike Partners - Randy Thomas
Vice President - Patrick Wesolosky Education - Bill Cole
Secretary - Jamie Bagley Financial Oversight - Billianne Withers, Board Liaison Ed Jennings
Treasurer - Mark Bukowski Media - Mark Cornelison, Board Liaison Randy Thomas
Rides Committee Chair - Mike Bagley Membership - Tim Melton
Merchandise - Mark Bukowski
Social - Laurie Roberts
IT - Chair Vacant, Board Liaison Mike Bagley
Horsey Hundred - Pam Thomas, board liaison Terio Sutherland
Red River Rally - Patrick Wesolosky
Remember that the Bluegrass Cycling Club is an all volunteer organization and we are always looking for more volunteers to help the club become stronger and more successful. Ifyou have an interest in joining one of committees, please contact one of the members listed above.
Horsey Hundred Registration is Now Open!!!
We are SO EXCITED about what we have planned for the 2015 Horsey Hundred. We're making some changes, that we believe will make the event even better than it has been in the past and we're looking forward to sharing them with you! Use this link to go to the Horsey Hundred website so you can find out about what we have in store!!! Horsey Hundred
Consider being a volunteer - The Horsey Hundred is a labor-intensive endeavor. We are proud of the great service we are able to provide to the 2,000+ folks that join us over Memorial Day Weekend... and that great service wouldn't be possible without the 225+ volunteers who give up their time to help out sometime over the course of the weekend. Based on the feedback we get on surveys, it is primarily our fabulous volunteers who make our event special. Yes, they also mention the beautiful scenery ... but they go on and on about the hospitality and warm welcome they receive from the folks driving our SAG vehicles, working and registration, and especially the folks at the rest stops. Please consider joining our team of volunteers. If you have a creative idea for a rest stop that you are willing to implement, let us know! If you're a part of an organization or group that might want to volunteer together, let us know that too! You can register as a volunteer using the link above.
Tips About Riding With The Bluegrass Cycling Club
We are happy that so many new members have joined our club this year!! We encourage everyone to take a few minutes to review our ride guidelines, which can be accessed by clicking on the button below. It is very important for all riders to take the time to review ride descriptions, and to honestly assess whether you have the experience and fitness to successfully participate in the ride as described. Our goal is for everyone to be safe and have fun on our rides, and this works best when everyone attends rides that are suitable for them.
If you are unsure whether a ride is appropriate for you PLEASE give the ride leader a call before the ride and he or she will be happy to advise you. It is ALWAYS better to ask in advance!
If you are brand new to cycling, please take a bit of time to learn how your bike works - how your gears shift, how your brakes work, and how to stop and start before joining a group ride. We can help you develop group riding skills, and become a better and stronger rider, but you need to have a basic understanding of how your bike works first. If you need assistance in learning the basics about your bike, contact our Education Committee chairperson Pam Thomas at email@example.com and she will help connect you with a club member who can help you!
Welcome to the Bluegrass Cycling Club
web site! This is the online home of the Horsey Hundred, and a source
for the latest information on the BCC and its activities as well as a
source for cycling in Kentucky in general. Want to go for a bike ride in
Kentucky, especially central Kentucky? You've come to the right place!
The BCC is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization that promotes all
forms of bicycling. Established in 1970 as the Bluegrass Wheelmen
, the BCC is based in Lexington, Kentucky, USA and serves the Bluegrass
region of central Kentucky and surrounding areas.
The objectives of the Bluegrass Cycling Club
- To encourage bicycling for health, recreation and transportation.
- To promote bicycle safety.
- To improve bicycling facilities;
- and to further all phases of bicycling.