The Bluegrass Cycling Club and West 6th have agreed to co-sponsor Pedaling for a Purpose again for 2018. Today we will be riding for the KYMBA kids clinic.
Education Session - We will have 2 presenters!
- 8:00 - 8:45 am - Troy Hearn and Megan Shetler from KYMBA will be talking about mountain biking in Kentucky and Beyond, including some exciting stuff they have going on.
8:45 - 9;00 am - James Gonyer from Broomwagon Bikes will be talking about the new bike share program in Lexington.
RIDES WILL BEGIN AT 9:15 AM!
Rides offered - We will have group rides with leaders, but you will also have the option to come, sign in, and do something on your own ... Doesn't matter, miles will still count!!! If you plan to ride on your own, you can come and sign in anytime between 8 - 11... Just time it so you're done by 1ish.
- To provide educational opportunities for people wanting to learn more about bikes and cycling
- To provide an opportunity for anyone who wants to ride a bike, whether with a group or not, to meet and mingle
- To support health and fitness related charitable organizations
- To mix and expand the various cycling communities that exist in our area
- To provide incentives for people to ride their bikes
- To introduce cycling to new populations
Each mile ridden during pedaling for a purpose will result in $0.20 for the charity of the day. The maximum contribution, to be made jointly by the BCC and West 6th, is $1,300 for each charity
Rider Rewards Part:
Riders will receive rewards at the end of the program based on participation points. One point will be awarded for each education session attended and one point for each ride attended for a total possible point total of 24 points.
Riders who have 16 or more points will receive a free jersey
Riders who have more than 12 points will receive a free tee shirt
Ride leaders who lead 8 or more rides will get a free jersey
There will be a party, celebration, jersey/tee shirt distribution and charity recognition/check delivery in December. Additional details will be provided as we get closer to the event.