The Bluegrass Cycling Club and West 6th have agreed to co-sponsor Pedaling for a Purpose again for 2019.
Education Session 1:00 - 1:45 am -
Rides offered - We will have group rides with leaders, but you will also have the option to come, sign in, and do something on your own ... Doesn't matter, miles will still count!!! If you plan to ride on your own, you can come and sign in anytime between 1:00 - 2:00... Just time it so you're done by 3 ish.
Rides with leaders start at 2:00 pm
Details about routes and ride leaders will be posted about a week before the event. We will offer Novice and C pace on the Legacy Trail, C Pace on the road, and groups for B/C, B, A/B shorter/slower, A/B longer/faster, and A.
Restrooms are available on site - Education sessions will be held regardless of weather - Rides may be cancelled or rescheduled if there are severe weather issues. Check the BCC forum and FaceBook for updates.
- To provide educational opportunities for people wanting to learn more about bikes and cycling
- To provide an opportunity for anyone who wants to ride a bike, whether with a group or not, to meet and mingle
- To support health and fitness related charitable organizations
- To mix and expand the various cycling communities that exist in our area
- To provide incentives for people to ride their bikes
- To introduce cycling to new populations
Each mile ridden during pedaling for a purpose will result in $0.20 for the charity of the day. The maximum contribution, to be made jointly by the BCC and West 6th, is $1,300 for each charity
Rider Rewards Part:
Riders will receive rewards at the end of the program based on participation points. One point will be awarded for each education session attended and one point for each ride attended for a total possible point total of 22 points.
Riders who have 16 or more points will receive a free jersey
Riders who have more than 12 points will receive a free tee shirt
Ride leaders who lead 8 or more rides will get a free jersey