Peggy Littrell called to order the regular meeting of the BCC EOC at 7:00 PM on 6/14/07 at Peggy’s House.
II. Roll call
The following were present:
III. Approval of minutes from last meeting
Meeting minutes were read, and approved.
IV. Open issues
a) Special Interest
1. Tiffany Jackson came and discussed plans for the Share the Road Rally for June 10th. We will have a booth set up, have a ~50 mile ride, and host a BCC101.
2. The Kentucky Domestic Violence Association ride to raise awareness of spousal abuse. Sheri is heading this up.
3. Thunderhead Alliance will have a 2 day workshop in Louisville in July and wanting to know if we would like to have a representative there. We decided to not attend.
4. Need to post on website that we are looking for volunteers for the following committees: Advocacy, Bylaws, Jerseys, and Philanthropy.
b) Ride Report
1. Benna offered to find ride leaders from the race team, just let them know when and where they can help the club.
2. Tom will contact Nediem about taking over inputting ride information and mileage to the website.
c) Treasure Report
1. Sandy has taken over the books now that HH is wrapped up.
2. Working on closing the books from the HH.
i. Income from this year was 34,400. Last year was 23,400.
ii. Last year was a 26% return this year we did a 36% return.
3. Discussed where we should spend money
ii. Improvements to website
iii. Bike give away
4. Last year we sent Safe Kids a $1200 donation. The check was never cashed. Sandy has cancelled the check and has tried contacting them, but has received no response.
5. Sandy will look into how much insurance cost would increase if we started doing more with racing (hosting small races, time trials, etc.)
6. Need to get everything cleared up with e-link, and get a budget set before diving in on jerseys.
1. Mindy getting back into the swing of things now that HH is wrapped up.
2. Have a good deal of advertisers asking for space.
3. Looking at getting articles from Dixie about the Rails to Trails Relay, and will perhaps Danny and Rachael Peake on organic foods
4. Cincinnati club had a bigger than normal (30%) drop in membership last year and they are attributing it to raising dues.
5. Mindy is working on getting the Keeneland Barn for the lunch stop next year.
e) Social Committee
1. Discussed plans for the Jack Juiett Ride on 4th July.
1. No Report
1. Discussed plans for Share the Road Rally.
2. Would like to hold a Road1 class for officers on July 28th and Aug 4th cost would be $25.
V. New business
1. We discussed at length the triangular relationship between the BCC, Pedal Power Bike Shop, and Pedal Power Race Team and how we could improve those relationships.
a. Benna and Malcolm have offered to help “bridge the gap” between the club and Pedal Power (Race Team and Shop). Offered to help head up the bike give away.
b. Discussed putting together committees for the bike give away, and for approaching Pedal Power Shop.
c. We need to discuss in detail how best to handle this very delicate situation.
Peggy adjourned the meeting. Next meeting planned for July 12th – needed to move to July 19th
Minutes submitted by: Kevin Bryant
Minutes approved by: